Monday, May 31, 2010

Finally time to write...

Well, I haven't posted in awhile. It isn't really that I haven't had much to say, more that I have been super busy and haven't had time to sit down and write. I figured I had some time right now, so here it goes...

I have been thinking a lot lately about three more things I am passionate about and what I am doing as a result of those three things. Let's go least important to most important and save the best for last. The first thing is reading. I LOVE to read, but sometimes it is hard to find time to just sit down and do it. There are so many things we need to do around our house (it got away from us during the end of the school year) and there is just a lot going on. Anyway, in order to help get me motivated to read, I am going to start a book club. I have wanted to be in a book club for a long time. Something about reading a good book, discussing it with friends, and having a nice glass of wine sounds like a fabulous time to me. I try to share what I read with Josh, but most of the time the stuff I read he isn't that interested in, so I think it would be best to start a book club. I hear it is a lot of work, but I am going to try to get it all figured out in the next few weeks, somehow choose a book, and then plan our first book club meeting. Even though there is quite a bit to plan, there is a good amount of interest, so it won't just be me talking to myself! :-)

The next thing I am really getting into is church. Growing up we didn't go to church very often, but every once in awhile there would be a time where I would get really involved in the youth group or I would go to Impact at Word of Life. This involvement would come and go, and I never really felt home at a church. Well, we started going to Riverside and I really enjoy it. I have never felt so comfortable and every Sunday I honestly feel that the message is directed right at me. It is really nice to finally feel good about a church and I truly believe it helps bring my family closer. I know that this has been one of the best decisions that I have made and I love having a stronger relationship with God. My life just feels better!!!!!

Last, but certainly not least (remember, this is ordered least to most important) is my family! I have always been passionate about my family. I know, most people are, but I am VERY protective when it comes to my family. I always have been and always will be. If I ever feel one of my family members is being attacked or in a difficult situation, I am always trying to find some way to help them out. Family is one of my top priorities. I always want to hang out with them no matter what day or time it is. I want to enjoy their company and show them how much I appreciate every single one of them. It is great to have support and give support, and that's what I try to do. We hang out with my family more than anyone else. It seems sometimes that we don't have as many friends as we used to, but when I really think about it, my family are my friends. We do everything together. My family is so important to me that I am always trying to figure out how to be a better mother and wife. Sometimes I feel that I am struggling, but I am always doing what I can to improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment