Thursday, July 7, 2011

Collin's Mario Birthday Party!

When I get a project going, I am obsessed with it. So, this last week I was obsessed with getting everything ready for Collin's 4th Birthday Party. Originally we had discussed doing a party at the bowling alley, but the cost was just too much for our pocketbook. Instead, we had a Super Mario party.

This is one view of the decorations. I used streamers of the four main Mario colors: red, blue, yellow, and green. I twisted them down the wall for a cooler effect.


I really wanted to have helium balloon bouquets, which I did, of the four colors. There were two main bouquets. These decorated glasses were what held them down. Both were filled with candies that were blue, red, yellow, and green.

I wanted to incorporate Mario stuff even more, so we just printed off a bunch of pictures of the characters, pasted them to a piece of construction paper, and then attached them to streamer which hung down the wall. It was really easy and it was a good way to decorate the wall.


When I asked him what he wanted to have at this birthday party, the first thing he said was a piñata. So, I made one out of newspaper, water, and flour that looked like the ghost from Mario. He absolutely loved it! It had tons of candy in it, too. We definitely didn't need that much candy because we didn't have many kids at his party, but for someone who would have a lot of kids to accommodate, this was a great piñata for it.

Overall, his birthday turned out really well, but I am happy for it to be over. It was an exhausting week and weekend getting ready for his party and then the 4th of July on Monday.

1 comment:

  1. The party looked great! I wish I would have been able to stay longer. Now it's time for me to start working on Anna's birthday!

    ReplyDelete