Sunday, October 23, 2011

Moving on...

So, I think I came to the realization that it is time to just move on. No, I am not making any big changes in my life. It is more that I need to move on from the things I miss. This weekend was Missouri Western's Homecoming. We took Collin to the parade. Every time we go, I start to really miss my days in college. I miss the freedom of not having many responsibilities. I miss being able to go do what I want when I want. I miss hanging out with all of those people I used to see almost every day when I was in college. I miss my sorority and the things we did together. I do really miss those things.

However, today I came to the realization that I am really happy with where I am right now, and that even though I miss college life, I don't think that even if I could go back to it all, I would truly be happy with it. Those times were great, but you can't beat seeing the excitement of your child entering Worlds of Fun for the first time. Or the experience of taking them on a big ride for the first time and the excitement and fear they have. The times I have with my family mean more to me than anything else.

Plus, I realized that everyone is just growing up and changing. We went out on Saturday and saw a few of Josh's fraternity brothers. It was great seeing them, and I wish we could more often, but I just realized it will never be the same as it was in college. It just won't. 

Something else that is really pushing me to move on is my sorority, one of the things I miss about college life. I have tried so hard to plan events for ladies to reunite, but girls are still pissed about things that happened years ago. Really? Stuff that happened years ago? Or stuff that was out of my control or the control of most of my sorority sisters? Why should I spend my time trying to reunite people who can't get over stuff that doesn't even matter anymore? I don't think I should. I think I should just live my life in the now and just worry about getting together with those girls who I really want to see and hang out with. I shouldn't have to do more work just to get people together who I really don't know. So, I am not going to do it anymore. If someone else wants to take it on, so be it, but it won't be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment