Monday, April 18, 2011

I'm Obsessed

That's right. I am obsessed. I am obsessed with BOOKS!

I have always had an obsessive behavior. Thus, the reason my blog is titled "Passions and Obsessions." I obsess about everything. Seriously...everything! If I get hooked onto something, I am obsessed with that something. And right now that "something" is books! I am obsessed with adding books to my classroom. I just bought another one tonight, and I am always looking for others to add. I look at any store I go to that has books, and I look online for used books. I am also obsessed with figuring out what books I want to get to teach next year and with getting new books for me to read (even though I really haven't had time this whole school year to read for pleasure). Today I got a box of books in, and I was so excited.

Even though I am obsessed with books, I haven't really had much time to read these books. That is until last night. Last night I actually had a little bit of time after I got my assignments done for my masters classes, so I picked up a book and started reading it. Oh how I missed reading! It made me so happy. Having a book here at home to read whenever I have a free minute has made me a much happier individual.

Just so you know, I started reading Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris.  



So far it is pretty good, and I have only read the first two chapters. I can't wait to really get into it.

I am excited for the summer to start so that I can read even more books. I already have a list planned. Slaughterhouse-FiveThe Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, and Will Grayson Will Grayson are just a few on my list. If only school would end, so I could read!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment