Friday, April 8, 2011

Why must rain always arrive during a parade?

Why must my day always go awry at some point? I mean, seriously. This has been a stressful week. I was even at the point of questioning whether or not I should be a teacher anymore. I mean, that's serious. That would be a whole life-changing decision to quit teaching and find something else, but I was at that point this week. I really thought that maybe I would be better off if I left it and found another occupation. What? I don't know. I just know I wasn't happy and I felt like I was doing a horrible job.

Today started off okay. It's Friday...the last day of the work week...and I get to wear jeans! What could be better than that? And then a student said the most amazing thing to me. He told me that he thinks his writing is improving because he has been reading more. Bingo! Hit the nail on the head. The constant repetition of why reading is important finally sunk in. Wow! It took how many years to understand that? And still most of my students don't. He, however, made my day. Then everything else went well, too.

Getting home was a breeze and there weren't any real issues. It wasn't until later in the night that things began to turn sour. Collin was a pain and Josh was a grump. I don't know what I did. I was actually having a good day, but, of course, it couldn't last the entire day. Could it? This sucks!

And, even though I now finally have some peace and quiet to work on things, a freaking big spider just came down from our ceiling less than a foot away from me. Really? A freaking, ugly, gross spider and no boy to come and get it for me? I hate them! HATE!!!! Luckily there was a paper towel and I got it, but I still had the willies afterward. Yuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment